Glencoe High School
The mission of Glencoe High School is to safely provide the very best education possible while challenging all students to become lifelong learners and responsible, productive citizens.
1. Student learning is the chief priority for the school.
2. Students’learning needs should be the primary focus of all the decisions impacting the work of the school.
3. All students can learn.
4. Students need to not only demonstrate their understanding of essential knowledge and skills, but also need to be actively involved in solving problems and producing quality work.
5. Students need to apply their learning in meaningful contexts.
6. Students learn best when they are actively engaged in the learning process.
7. A student’s self-esteem is enhanced by positive relationships and mutual respect among and between students and staff.
8. A safe and physically comfortable environment promotes student learning.
9. Teachers, administrators, parents, and the community share the responsibility for advancing the school’s mission.
10. The commitment to continuous improvement is imperative if our school is going to enable students to become more confident, self-directed, lifelong learners.